Thread Rating:
  • 40 Votes - 2.95 Average
Team Balance
08-11-2011, 10:59
Team Balance
I have been spamming this to Warstor for ages now and i am sure he is sick of me saying it so of course I decided to spam it here also

You need team balance on the servers, very few players swap to even & 5-0 games are just not fun regardless of whether I am on the winning side or the losing side Chocked_2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 13:26 (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 13:29 by TKBS.)
RE: Team Balance
Hi Zofo:
* Nice to see you here
* Thank you for you concern and shared belief in a fair game.

** Unfortunately the server you are referring to:
188.40.154.216:7777
^^ Is warstors server. His thread dedicated to this server will be up and running soon. Until then you can PM him or discuss freely on this page, or with warstor himself on IRC etc

- he has a strong belief that players can & should balance teams {i do also}: however, it is true that this is seldom the case.
- all we can do is hope/ & and rely on people like yourself to do this for us: as at the moment:
- there is no fair team balancing script {various ideas are being & have been discussed}

- sometimes we have to do stuff like put up with unfair teams...
- sometimes it is okay to just have fun; be pro and pwn
- in my personal opinion:The players like us who continue to balance, should should also be allowed to have some fun now and again, and simply pwn {maybe even swear when we get stacked and pwned-hehe naughty}

* 9/10 i will swap for balance: even if i have to go "1 vs 4"
* 1/10 i might just go on the winning team and have fun.
- i think this is acceptable

Many Thanks Zofo

UTube |Development Blog
08-11-2011, 15:44
I remember complaining about this a few times a while back until I finally realized that the server policy is not to have an automated balancing schema. Personally, when I see that I'm not having fun I either just go to other servers or most of the times just quit the game.
08-11-2011, 18:02
@Screenshot: Lol bots Wink

Team shuffling can be achieved by disallowing/deactivating SeamlessTravel.

Team balance depends on active players. There are always some idle players. I wrote a script to kick idle players but it has not been published (but it's kind of finished -.-).

Furthermore, Solarsys (the admin of UT3X server) wrote his special server mutator and he decided to solve this problem by adding a command "!balance" which can be called by any players and a player will be swapped without dying (sometimes a bit confusing).

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
So many nice maps, but we play Shoebox etc. -.-.
08-11-2011, 21:03 (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 21:04 by dage5.)
I didn't want to react at first but... For me, something which switch the players forcibly is even worse than play unbalanced game. Today I played at DoS 3 and BetoneeR switched to worse team everytime game went unbalanced (they lost anyway Tongue). But noone complained so I think that if there is atleast one good player with atleast medium skills game should be fun for everyone.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2011, 21:46
ok cool I get why you don't have it on, thanks for letting me know Smile

The main issue I have is when a 5-0 game is over and the next map has the exact same players, people rarely switch but credit to some players that will always switch

These are the players that value a real hard fought close game & I respect you lots Smile
08-11-2011, 22:28
We have to discern between balancing and shuffling; they are two different things.
We also have to discern between shuffling/balancing DURING gameplay and AT START of gameplay.
Personally I am against the former (unless I switch on my own) but I agree for the latter. I think what RattleSN4K3 suggests is a good option for the latter. Of course it does not really balance teams per se, but at least it provides variety and increased probability for more balanced games.

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |