Poll: Do you like the fact that there are no spam maps now?
Yes, finally we can play some real vCTF
I don't care. I love DoS server with or without spam maps
No! I love s-p-a-m !!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Votes - 2.9 Average
The no-spam-maps experiment
12-21-2009, 17:12
The no-spam-maps experiment
As I understand currently there is an ongoing experiment which disables all spam maps. Unfortunately I am unable to participate on the server during the experiment -- connection from Omicron Six to DoS server introduce too much lag (counted in years as Omicron Six is located light years away from Earth and warp connections cannot be established for long matches) to be able to do anything at all!
Anyway I am interested in how the experiment is going. Is there a lot of complains or quite the contrary? Is the server popularity going down dramatically or not?

I for one would welcome if this state was made permanent Smile
However I won't insist on it as there are players who like anything but spam maps...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2009, 18:38 (This post was last modified: 12-21-2009 18:39 by V31O.)
RE: The no-spam-maps experiment
I don't know myself. But yesterday the server was pretty full (especially at night). Today it's been practically empty all day.
12-21-2009, 19:20
Yeah it was full yesterday evening, i think it won't be that full anyways within the next days due to the christmas factor, as many people are going to buy gifts for the 24th etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2009, 19:49
currently 13/18.

12-21-2009, 19:51 (This post was last modified: 12-21-2009 19:54 by V31O.)
(12-21-2009 19:20)PARADOX1911 Wrote:  Yeah it was full yesterday evening, i think it won't be that full anyways within the next days due to the christmas factor, as many people are going to buy gifts for the 24th etc.
Maybe on an American server, remember, Europeans are mostly kids. They don't go out and buy stuff. There should be on more than normal, since they are all free from school all day.
12-21-2009, 20:27
(12-21-2009 19:51)V31O Wrote:  Maybe on an American server, remember, Europeans are mostly kids. They don't go out and buy stuff. There should be on more than normal, since they are all free from school all day.

LOL, yeah your spam maps kiddies are probably playing till the roast is on the table, but most REAL vCTF fans are a bit older and have to organize their X-mas themselves.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2009, 22:05
Shiit guys ! now server really sux,peoples havent idea which map vote , no good players play and no fun

The most played maps anarchy halls,arena,atari,shoebox and feelgood - nice and small maps , maybe got some nooby spam but its good ! players can fast get flag after respawn,its harder to camp,your team can cover you from whereever they are.Now,without this maps,i must go across all big map to take flag,and got long travel to my base...its boring and stupid..i just want them back
12-21-2009, 22:49
i know this experiment is just for couple of days but without spam maps the game is not fun anymore Unhappy

12-21-2009, 22:53
(12-21-2009 20:27)DeineLtan Wrote:  LOL, yeah your spam maps kiddies are probably playing till the roast is on the table, but most REAL vCTF fans are a bit older and have to organize their X-mas themselves.
Do you feel it's necessary to make it personal? It wasn't meant as a joke, it's true. Most of the European community are kids, while the American community consists mostly out of adults.
12-22-2009, 00:39
lol, grandpa. Smile)

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |