Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 3.37 Average
Basically Gameplay Jolt Mixer 2
05-03-2012, 17:47
RE: Basically Gameplay Jolt Mixer 2
_RattleSN4K3_ Wrote:Because of the structure of Basically there is no real spawnkill.

5 deaths in a row, a second or two after spawning commited on me with a Raptor... Not enough?

_RattleSN4K3_ Wrote:You can play it with only 4 guys.

That is the thing. I play it with 4 guys... When I play on server with more, it can be fun since half of them are bigger noobs that I am.

Boomer Wrote:Personally, i couldn't care less about looks, BSP is perfect for me >crap pc, few fps's<

But it can look well with same gameplay and good FPS!!! That is the worst thing...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 18:47
(05-03-2012 17:47)dage5 Wrote:  5 deaths in a row, a second or two after spawning commited on me with a Raptor... Not enough?

The teams were heavily unbalanced then or your teammates were too stupid to pick up avirls (happensso often). Spawn killing always happens with unbalanced teams.

Don't EVER buy a game that requires Games for Windows LIVE...
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2012, 19:00
So the value of rating a map, is wether you're able to spawnkill or not? That makes every map a bad map. The player does spawnkilling, not the map.

In Basically, you can easily avoid direct contact. Furthermore, you do have about 1-2 secs before he hits you (because of 3 different spawn locations). That makes 3-4 hits with a ShockRifle.

The spawnkill ratio is even higher in Foundy. You only have these two spawn locations. A raptor can easily spam and spawnkill every one trying to get the avril.

It may have been Spawnkilling in your specific case, but that wouldn't be a reason for disliking that map - for me. I always like it when it comes to competition. In general, 5 kills in a row is not considered as spawnkill if it happens once. It has to be constantly (On public matches: Spawnkilling players get warned quite quickly as the other players wouldn't stop complaining)

(05-03-2012 16:35)bastardbrain Wrote:  Props to the creator... ; )
xD. Yeah props to HIM Wink. I like Foundy as well.

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
So many nice maps, but we play Shoebox etc. -.-.
05-03-2012, 21:42 (This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 21:45 by dage5.)
OK OK. But it can look much better. Just look at DM pure/almost pure BSP. There is one I played just once it has this wooden look.

Speaking of Basically... (Click to View)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2012, 01:38 (This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 01:39 by Boomer.)
Necropolis looks pretty good, and is one of the best maps aswell, you can have both(looks and gameplay) at once, but one does not imply the other.

For me all Epic maps feel to damn slow, i love costum maps, especially ones with lots of routes, jumps/elevators but i like some open areas where you can't spam, but there is enough space to battle for in epic gun on gun fights.

Speaking of DM maps.. omg there are so many i love i can't even describe.

btw rattle how many costum maps have you downloaded in your entire ut3 career?
i've downloaded ~255 maps + some that are else where or deleted
05-04-2012, 02:29
I prefer to play a good map with a great concept than a visual improved map. This "improvement" is done in the entire game. The testing phase was too short. Every map contains bugs but not visual ones.
The concept/level design is the most important part of creating a map.

Remember: Basically for UT3 is a 1:1 port of the UT2k4 version.

Example of a quality map which sucks at gameplay: Hanging-Gardens

(05-04-2012 01:38)Boomer Wrote:  Speaking of DM maps.. omg there are so many i love i can't even describe.

btw rattle how many costum maps have you downloaded in your entire ut3 career?
i've downloaded ~255 maps + some that are else where or deleted
I downloaded more than i have installed. In total: I do have 30 GB in my CustomMaps folder installed. But i had to remove about 15 GB. I exceeded the limit of maps with the stock menu. LOL. UT3 crashed every time i accessed a Map Browser.

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
So many nice maps, but we play Shoebox etc. -.-.

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |