Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 3.73 Average
Phonebloky
09-12-2013, 22:36
Phonebloky

Did you ever want to... oh well fuck this - watch the video beta_glad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2013, 03:20
RE: Phonebloky
Already read it, already wanting it. Already, all ready? Dear it. Ready All!

Big Grin

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
So many nice maps, but we play Shoebox etc. -.-.
Find all posts by this user
09-13-2013, 21:55
yööööööö *-*

it would be so great beta_glad but most likely just as overpriced as other phones RollyGreen

» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
09-23-2013, 12:40
There is a thread about this thing over on reddit, and one engineer had an interesting post why something like this is not possible. It this is to be made reality it would be very big, and the battery would be bad.

09-23-2013, 14:05
I can't see this as reality either as for today's technology. Not that it would be entirely impossible, but it would be quite costly, extremely inefficient and to make something stupid like this capable of taking some beating is out of question.

This just shows the difference between art school designers and actual engineers with art talents.

I understand why a lot of people may fall for this at first, but come to think about it, it's really just plain dumb. If I want a phone that suits me, then I probably go and buy a phone that suits my needs. Already assembled for that purpose, build with that purpose in mind and definitely much better choice than this bloky shit. If my grandpa wants a phone that's just capable of making phone calls, is loud and has large battery, he's most definitely not going to buy the same bloky shit, but probably again a phone that has all these features, most probably costs fraction of a prize of this bloky crap and once again is WAAAY better for that purpose.
Same applies for the outdoor guy who needs a good camera and a tank phone.

tl;dr multi-purposing one phone is stupid and expensive bollox

I would put this phone in the same category as iPhones.. People buy it just for the sake of being THAT phone, despite being overpriced piece of shit.

Sorry for seeming so pessimistic about this, but I'm trying to stay realistic. Just imagine the same thing with laptops, you'll immediately see what I mean.

best I can do is Predat
09-25-2013, 09:25
iPhone 5S's production cost is estimated to about 220$. The single components are fairly cheap.
Such phone as Phonebloky would be quite cheap and affordable for the 3rd world countries but I guess no company wouldn't do it at all.

Every firm is about to make as much as they can by increasing their profit margin.

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
09-29-2013, 16:38
It doesn't have to be such a Lego block phone,
but the planned obsolescence we're doing is inacceptable and there has to be a full recycling of the products we're manipulating us to think we need all 2 years a new one...

10-05-2013, 01:41
So Apple's next device might be the iBlok Tongue

I just watched the video but sometimes it's not that good to have too many possibilities.
And they mention the replacing/upgrading feature as it would be so easy, quick and cheap.
Right now I cannot imagine to have such a device...

I should listen to this track every time I successfully get up Big Grin
10-05-2013, 16:03
A desktop PC works like that. Hardcore users build their own machine depending on what they need.

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
10-05-2013, 20:53
yes, but you can't compare a desktop PC to a phone...

Ever heard of anyone who builds his own laptop to suit his needs? That's a bit better comparison.

best I can do is Predat

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |