Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 2.79 Average
Windows 9 brings the Start Button back
09-23-2014, 11:06
Windows 9 brings the Start Button back
Screenshot:

It only took them like 2 years to realize what end users were missing in Win 8. It's too late for me, though. Switched to Mac OS X shortly after upgrading to Windows 8 and never went back. Joyful_2

Check out the following preview:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2014, 22:59
RE: Windows 9 brings the Start Button back
switching to iOS from Win8 is like having one bad date and be like "I better go gay"

I never switched from Win7 in the first place and I'm a happy man

best I can do is Predat
Find all posts by this user
09-26-2014, 23:17
Nice, i still love XP, but i have finally got to the point where windows 7 behaves just like XP so that's nice.

Anybody tried DDR4 ram yet? i want 64bit of it for no reason Smile

UTube |Development Blog
10-01-2014, 23:53
Windows 8. Windows 8.1. Windows 10.
I see what you did there, MS.

Tried Windows 10. It behaves like Windows 8. It is just like Windows 8.2. It will fail the same way. It even makes less sense as you're still forced to Mondern UI themes (like the Charms bar, the settings bar ... on the left side).

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
So many nice maps, but we play Shoebox etc. -.-.
10-02-2014, 23:13 (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 23:14 by PARADOX1911.)
(10-01-2014 23:53)_RattleSN4K3_ Wrote:  Windows 8. Windows 8.1. Windows 10.
I see what you did there, MS.

Tried Windows 10. It behaves like Windows 8. It is just like Windows 8.2. It will fail the same way. It even makes less sense as you're still forced to Mondern UI themes (like the Charms bar, the settings bar ... on the left side).

Sad to hear that. Did you ever try Windows Server 2012? Modern touch screen UI on a server systems. Touch screen UI on a server which I control through remote access only? Fuck. That. Shit. lol.

» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
02-05-2015, 04:51 (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 22:39 by TKBS.)
Has anybody tried the latest Windows 10?

(i assume it has updated since
RattleSN4K3 tried it)

- I am tempted to download and try it (5:44 reading mode looks cool), i hope it will be, in someway, compatible with my software ( options to run in Win7/xp mode etc).

- It seems like a good idea to get the download, it is microsoft official, a genuine free OS & a way to configure updates, which will eventually be a full build + i wanted to start a new harddrive anyway.

* One thing that confuses me:
It looks like you can install to a separate partition or use Dual Boot. If you did that i assume you could clone Win10 (once installed) or uninstall win 7/8 and be left with just Win10

side note:
* i see that Dazloader is opensource and has a brand new version, maybe that would be another option. On one hand you can see the source and check it is safe, on the other, people can download the source code and use it for mischief.
i cannot find any Sensible prices for a windows Operating System so not sure what is the best option (Clean install Win7 Ultimate or Windows 10 x64?).

any comments?

ISO: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522102
KEY: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR
Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/preview-iso

Edit:
- I might try a dual boot, then clone the win 10 part of my hardrive as a backup and try it

UTube |Development Blog
04-15-2015, 21:22 (This post was last modified: 04-15-2015 21:24 by TKBS.)
Sorry to keep spamming this but if anyone does visit here then i have tested windows 10.
- It's pretty cool, you can install a windows trial, upgrade it to the windows 10 tech demo and its done.
- full support for loads of stuff, 64gb ram and 64bit etc
- now i read a long time ago beta stops today, so that's why i am bumping it again. Not sure what happens next.

UTube |Development Blog
04-16-2015, 08:17 (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 08:18 by Eagle_7.)
I also have tested Windows 10 in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper V environment.

Looks cool put i dont like it ( my opinion), and i also have tested spartan web browers Big Grin (nice name)Big Grin wich is almost same has IE 10.
7 is much better.
I also have tested Windows Server 10 they both have start button Big Grin wich is nice, put for me i prefer Windows 7.

My small review Big Grin

04-16-2015, 21:11
Why do you use put insted of but? Is it some new trend? beta_glad

04-17-2015, 07:33
Lol idk Big Grin