Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.78 Average
Redirect down
10-10-2009, 17:41
Redirect down
Well, our redirect server is done, means that we cannot offer fast ingame downloads for all custom maps anymore, instead of the that the maps will be downloaded from the firewalled gameserver which will give you downloads speeds of max. 10KB per second as it's limited.

I'm currently seeking a fast FTP server with at least 1GB of space and high bandwith, good uptime etc..

We're actually using a public redirect, so most of the maps will still download fast i guess. The positive thing is, that i finished a script which allows us to use multiple redirect servers instead of one. (all ut's are limited to 1 redirect server only by default). After i find a new server i'll also implement the script.

By using it we can also upload every map requested, not just the ones supported by the redirect server as well.

However sorry for circumstances, things should get back in track soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2009, 20:32
RE: Redirect down
Maybe you can try the redirect server from gameservers.nl
in the time when ut99 was hot i used it for my maps .
its fast and big :-)
Find all posts by this user
10-11-2009, 21:42
We used uz3.gameservers.net in the beginning months, however they stopped doing redirect services after years, due to high server costs.. We then used a server located in UK, however they also stopped doing the services, and now we're seeking..

One time we even used a hacked redirect, but that's past now =P

Maybe we purchase a freakin cheap server in the USA which will do the redirecting in future, currently i switched to a low bandwith server which is located in the USA as well, but only a few maps are online right now, bandwith limit is almost reached and things really suck these days..

Frostbite and me will grab some money and invest it in the USA server i guess - and things will get back in track then, but it could take a while...

10-14-2009, 00:57
paradox ,
check out this thread on epic forums, it appears that a man is offering free redirect services.
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread...e+redirect

10-14-2009, 06:49
thx for the suggestion, i'll contact him and ask him for upload privileges.

10-16-2009, 14:47
Ok thanks again to iki_xx, i contacted zunnie and received the privileges..

Uploading the missing custom maps now and things should get fine again tonight.

01-17-2010, 00:45
For your notice it's down atm also.

Regards
01-17-2010, 15:38
Nope, it is currently online, and I don't think this server went offline recently.

I think your download speed is low, due to an incorrectly redirected map/incorrect map version, which map did you try to download?

Thanks,
Paradox

01-17-2010, 17:51 (This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 17:53 by PARADOX1911.)
Ok, the redirect appearently is really down, it has been confirmed by the owner of the server.

For some reason, it can be accessed via FTP, but not via HTTP, which means your ingame downloads will be very slow. The problem should be solved within the next few days.

Until this happens, I removed ALL custom maps from the server (temporary), to ensure fluently gameplay..
Sorry for the inconvenience - hopefully things will get back in track soon..

01-17-2010, 19:23
Good,some of our spam maps haters will rest and we can play sandstorm more often !

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |