Thread Rating:
  • 33 Votes - 3.18 Average
Ltan's Public Teamplay Server Concept
01-14-2011, 16:13 (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011 16:13 by Lilium Atratum.)
RE: Ltan's Public Teamplay Server Concept
Quote:Lilium did this without my cooperation or knowledge.
I will just say: DeineLtan WTF?
Are you reading my posts at all? Because you sound as if you didn't.

I've experiments to run,
There is research to be done
On the people who are
still alive...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2011, 16:26 (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011 16:54 by DeineLtan.)
(01-14-2011 16:13)Lilium Atratum Wrote:  
Quote:Lilium did this without my cooperation or knowledge.
I will just say: DeineLtan WTF?
Are you reading my posts at all? Because you sound as if you didn't.

Yes, I saw that post lately.
But it doesnt change the fact you did this all alone and without me.
I saw your map requirements, but no admin rules.

You obviously dont want me as admin and didnt look for cooperation, or am I mistaken again?

If it's a no spam-only maplist you're free and welcome to host my maps anyway, but if that shall be the server of my future dedication I want cooperation!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2011, 17:23
Quote:Yes, I saw that post lately.
But it doesnt change the fact you did this all alone and without me.
[...]
but if that shall be the server of my future dedication I want cooperation!

The current maplist is a start. It is more-or-less a copy of what DoS#3 served.
I opened the DoS#1 map list to receive feedback and cooperation from everyone.
Hence, I still don't see what is your problem.

Do you want different kind of cooperation, like me consulting with you about every single map I want to add to DoS#1? If that the case - sorry - but negotiating every single change will make the process long and complex and ultimately leading to no changes at all. That's how beurocracy is born.

Quote:you're free and welcome to host my maps anyway
You cannot forbid people from using your maps on their servers, because people think that is the primary reason of you publishing your maps in the first place!

Quote:...but no admin rules.
Because I don't share your point of view that admins need a written law. Admins should be impartial when possible, respectful but also reactful: if a problem occurs, just react to it appriopretly - and not to have hourly debate about which law paragraph to apply and does it break something else or not. Again: beurocracy, that is not needed -- at least not yet, when the admin count is so small.
Secondly, that thread is about maps and not admins.

Quote:You obviously dont want me as admin and didnt look for cooperation,
With all do respect, I have mixed feeling regarding your admin position. In the past, you have entered few arguments with some other players, where - in my opinion - your emotions took over and you lost your reason. I want to avoid admin-problems similar to those we remember from DoS server history.
However, admin or not, I believe we can cooperate and I am always open to suggestions from everyone (not only you) and the thread regarding the map list is - I believe - a good example of this.

I've experiments to run,
On the people who are
still alive...
01-14-2011, 18:00 (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011 18:12 by picikimi.)
(01-14-2011 16:11)DeineLtan Wrote:  You asked me if I'd try to destroy vCTF to my plan to remove AH, pici... if you forgot that.
Lilium thinks I'd be an unfair admin without ever having seen me as admin. Great support...

lolol, not with deleting AH, but ffs with destroying dos server(not with deleting spam maps) as you are doing it now, cause here in the time you said: ok, i give some idea, and would be great if we could do it together etc etc
meanwhile on the fick forum you were writing things like: ok lets forget about dos is a big sh*t and make our new server with asking every team to help, ye ask also lilium and rattle 'cause they can do something
this is why i asked if you want to destroy dos or help it, but i see you definetly want to destroy it, just cause some ppl doesnt like your ideas, and if you are that smart why cant you do it alone??

and i think it will never be good enough for you, you will always find or search a problem

How long has it been since someone touched part of you other than your body?
01-14-2011, 19:06
oO

Yes, pici, certainly I said so. You guessed it: I wanna destroy DoS.
And yes Lilium, you're right, too risky to have me as admin.

hf

01-14-2011, 19:30
Well, you do have some agreements with Bk.Rt. Still trying to force rules on DoS?

DoS died on 11-11-2010.
So many nice maps, but we play Shoebox etc. -.-.
01-14-2011, 19:47
I didn't even speak to a BkrT yet, it's what Devil and fcb suggested.

And I'm so forcing my rules! Is is really that??
I didn't even ask to become admin, I was suggested.

Where's the 'Delete your account' button here?

01-14-2011, 20:01
DeineLtan Wrote:dreaming on in my concept with seperation of powers...

* Executive
The best DoS players become, by DoS clan members elected, the DoS clan Leadership, organize the structure of the clan, politics, hierarchy and member rights, trainings, delegation of responsabilities, etc. and elect the best developpers like Lilium into a DoS public server Leadership, who is responsible for the server content & its development. They coordinate their goals together and also look after the forum and elect ingame administrators.

* Legislative
All DoS server donators (saying from 10€ a year) get a right to vote about server content options, the new server Leadership offers. They who pay the server have the last word and control both other powers.

* Judiciary
All registered DoS forum members can post feedback to decisions or their execution of both clan & server leadership and can participate, hand-in wishes, concerns, etc. on the forum: Community feedback and customer requirements.

I also think this most-visited and probably most decent-made forum should turn into a general UT3 community platform for this server, containing clan-specific sections and a public vCTF board.

More players would be attracted and all remaining clans could have their section here (with CMS page, w/e), having less own administration and being closer to the players and mappers.
(Idea for the webmasters under us; none of my skills)

If we would coordinate and reorganize our forces and interests together, we'd have fast a really attractive entertainment community, presented with the right facebook groups and youtube movies without doubt potential to grow again.

Example (Click to View)
I suggested on the Epic forum to give server admins the right to deal with server content as little financial appeal for theirs and their mappers work. Excited to read their answer, but doubtful that they'll allow it! Tongue

Paradox proved my point (to be able to let grow within regression) already a long time ago: by stamping this forum out of nowhere and making it to the Nr.1 of all UT3 forums!
Let me prove sustainability can be achieved rather easily considered this difficult startup.

lol . Man , calm down ... it's vidéo game , not politics.
01-14-2011, 20:13
Quote:And I'm so forcing my rules! Is is really that??
As I already told you in PM several days ago, you overuse "you must", "you cannot", "I forbid", etc... so it does look as if you want to force your point of view, even if forcing anything at anyone is not your aim.

I've experiments to run,
On the people who are
still alive...
01-14-2011, 20:36 (This post was last modified: 01-14-2011 20:42 by Nosoul.)
DeineLtan Wrote:dreaming on in my concept with seperation of powers...

lol , the necris dictator no want the seperation of powers , Angry

he prefer her supposed "Dictatorship" . Cool

(01-14-2011 20:13)Lilium Atratum Wrote:  
Quote:And I'm so forcing my rules! Is is really that??
As I already told you in PM several days ago, you overuse "you must", "you cannot", "I forbid", etc... so it does look as if you want to force your point of view, even if forcing anything at anyone is not your aim.

is not her aim , is your

so funny thread.

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |