Thread Rating:
  • 38 Votes - 2.76 Average
Rockets...
01-20-2011, 00:53
Rockets...
Alright, some of you people know if you've just played some games with me, that I despise rockets.

Generally, 90% of people do absolutely nothing else than double jump and spam rockets on the ground. I can live with the double jumping, although I don't see why people who have played for 2+ years, still haven't found out that they can actually dodge, but I am getting increasingly frustrated in the easy kills people get by just spamming triple rockets. There is simply no skill nor gameplay involved in the sole usage of rockets.

Now I'm probably alone on this because I even see many of the more veteran players using nothing but rockets.

I'm a hitscan player and I can easily deal with rocket spammers, but I feel it's sort of cheap at times.

Now this is in Advice / Suggestion, which assumes that I actually have a way to counter this, but to be frank, I don't. Well not other than removing rockets completely, but many people don't want that.

I'm open to suggestions or criticism.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2011, 01:53
RE: Rockets...
+9001
It's worse than stingers

--------------------------------
»Embracing Solitude

01-20-2011, 08:38
Remove spamaps Tongue

I've experiments to run,
There is research to be done
On the people who are
still alive...
01-20-2011, 16:39
agreed, the problem are not rockets themselfs, it's the way new shit spam maps are desing, which allow rockets to travel all the way, flag to flag. In hope newbies or just spammers shoot some triprox all over the place and they eventually hit someone.

Spam maps problem
01-20-2011, 17:11
But they are good for campers and vehiles, you can easy lock them with rockets aim because they are not moving, for example most annoying OogesFunMap situation when you are sitting in one place waiting for boots/invisibly.You dont want to be locked ? Move ! Or kill guy with rockets before he will lock rockets on you.
There is stinger removed, spam maps disappears, its not good idea to remove rockets too, those weapons were in UT history since it started and belongs to it
01-20-2011, 20:16
I'm not sure I want them removed either, but I want them limited somehow. Or at least introduce a few maps that doesn't have rockets at all.
01-20-2011, 20:18
omg...lets remove all weapons and fight with swords....really omg...

Life is a Game = someone is a Toy - someone is a Player...
01-20-2011, 20:28
(01-20-2011 20:18)BetoneeR Wrote:  omg...lets remove all weapons and fight with swords....really omg...

I'm actually just suggesting we remove yet another lame weapon, just as we did with the stinger. It actually takes less skill to use than the stinger, if that's even possible.
01-20-2011, 20:56 (This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 20:57 by _DrumDrumDrum_.)
I have a good replace for Rocket Launcher

01-20-2011, 21:23
lol resident evil

--------------------------------
»Embracing Solitude

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |