Thread Rating:
  • 35 Votes - 3.11 Average
02-26-2011, 14:11
Memory
I currently have 2 gig of Corsaor CM2x1024
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1251gb-co...s-5-5-5-18

I want 4 gig and do u think this will be a massive improvement if i go for this?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMX4GX3M...114&sr=8-1

Pls help
thx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2011, 14:48
RE: Memory
Sounds good for me, not sure whether it would be a massive improvement though.
Pretty much depends on for which purposes you use your machine, if you use it for UT3 and YouTube only for instance it wouldn't really make sense I guess Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2011, 15:03 (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 15:03 by bastardbrain.)
Well say if im using an ftp sever or newzbin that takes up about 50% of my memorys with Win 7.
So if i run UT3 or UT3Ed I have serious lag issues, or maybe Photoshop.
The memory i have now runs at 5-5-5-12 but I cant get another stick of this, but I can get same but running at 5-5-5-18.
I`m pretty dumb where memory is concerned, so wud this be a bad idea to get this instead?
Another 2 gig of the 5-5-5-18 is pretty much the same price as getting the 4 gig of DDR3 mentioned above
02-26-2011, 15:21
omg bastard,you joking right?...ffs you can´t just replace DDR2 with DDR3..
if you want change that you must change motherboard...or your motherboard support booth DDRs?
2 gigs of ram is enough for almost all games and what you need for..
if you want improve memory then better buy memory which work on 1066mhz..i have "ddr2 corsar dominator 1066"i buy of my friend and he buy 4 gigs ddr2 1066 and he said me that is same thing like 2 gigs..maybe better you think about change your processor..or go overclock him..

Life is a Game = someone is a Toy - someone is a Player...
02-26-2011, 15:42 (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 15:44 by no1Xenon.)
Frequency and latencies won't help much. I think an upgrade from 2 to 4GB is obligatory. But as Beto mentioned you should buy the right RAM Big Grin
If you have free slots left you can just buy the same again, that would be way cheaper. (unless you have a motherboard that supports both DDR2 and DDR3)
02-26-2011, 16:08
Good point Beto, my mobo ddr2 http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=gXUQex0X4rGOOh5E
02-26-2011, 16:14
lol,better higher frequency and lower latency then amount of ram..2 gigs of ram is enough,
but better 1066 then 800mhz..and if you have good motherboard for overclocking and memory,you can overclock that...write here which motherboard and processor you have..

02-26-2011, 16:22
excelent motherboard...which processor you have?
lol i have asus p5b delux wifi..Tongue

02-26-2011, 17:04
Intel Core 2 6700@2.66 ghz
Nvidia GTX 275
Win 7 64 bit
Maybe i need a reformat to speed up a little
02-26-2011, 20:32
Well, since you only have 2GB of RAM atm you might want to use a 32bit OS instead.
The reason for this is that a 64bit OS uses much more resources - even in idle mode.
I've various machines and even though I'm a proponent of 64bit systems I have to admit that my oldest PC, which still uses a 32bit OS, is actually the most stable and reliable one.
If you'd use a 32bit system you would have more free resources which could be used by other applications.

There are even hacks out there which allow you to use full 4GB of RAM on a 32bit OS, I've uploaded one here:
http://betamaster.us/hdd2/Software/W7/4G...7.2010.exe
Attention: This hack performs changes on the kernel, therefore it would be a good idea to use it with fresh windows installations only.

» I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. «
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

» Powered by: betamaster.us «» Partner sites : vsee.us | knet.us |